11 February 2011

Since the first day my mom dropped me off at Sam Houston back in 2004, she has faithfully called me at 7:30 EVERY morning. At first, the calls were great. Now, I've grown to expect them. Sometimes I reach over and hit "ignore". Other times I pause and listen to the phone vibrate. Then, there are times when I actually answer. Each time she hears a "hello" from me, she's surprised.

One thing I love about my mom is her persistence. If I go an entire week hitting the ignore button, she continues to pick up the phone and dial my number. I definitely need to do better, but she just calls too early! I've told her to start calling at 8:30 or 9. By then, I'd be ready to have an endless conversation about nothing! At 7:30, I haven't even gotten out the bed to take Barlow outside.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the calls. I dread the day that the calls stop or the day when she goes to dial my number and there's no more me.

Ah, I love my mom and dad! #GoodPeeps

No comments: