18 February 2011

If it’s meant to be it’ll happen.

Those are the words of my high school mentor to me when I was worried about getting accepted into college. Unfortunately, I was not admitted to my first choice. At the time, I didn’t understand why.

Fast-forward.

Next, I applied to social and professional organizations that I felt would fuel momentum to move ahead. I didn't get accepted into some.

Fast-forward, again!

Later, I applied for several positions that I was the finalist for. I didn’t get them either.

Fast-forward, some more.

When I finally decided to start dating, it was the rejection that hurt the most.

And now that I’m making some crucial life transitions, I have to constantly remind myself, that for whatever reason, whether good or bad – I can’t force things to fit where they don’t belong. Knowing this, I’ll have to suck up my pride and allow life to happen as is.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Hi Kendrick,
I haven't visited your blog spot in awhile but I'm glad I did today :)
Life sure does happen doesn't it?
Rejection happens, break ups happen,
and love happens but most importantly
GOD HAPPENS. If you haven't heard the J Moss song called God happens, check it out
Keep being you okay and strive for your dreams
much luv
-Candace-

Destination Favor said...

Although you are right, remember life happens to teach, not to destroy. We choose, we make the choice to get the lesson, but also we must have the right focus, seeking what is best for me, not what I want. God never promise an easy life, but His promises for a blessed life is not a lie. We must agreed with His decree to see the best life for us...
Hang in there, and much LOVE!!
Dean

Ken said...

Thanks for the feedback DM and Candace ... y'all have great advice!!