10 June 2010

If/then

So I'm sitting here studying for the LSAT. I came across the "Formal Logic in Logical Reasoning" section. This is generally referred to as the conditional or if/then statements. So the example is:

If a person lives in the US, then that person must be living in North America.

From the statement, one would conclude: a person who lives in the US lives in North America, but not necessarily the opposite.

Reading further into the explanation, there's one sentence that caught my attention: "So, although you can be sure that the condition depends upon the result, you can never assume that the result requires the condition to occur."

Ok - so what am I getting at?

Nothing really. I just wanted to find a way to throw out my favorite scripture - Isaiah 59:1 (Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear). With this written, if the Lord's hands are not too short and if His ears are not too heavy, then I can rest assure that He will save and hear me!

#imjustsaying

No comments: