09 May 2011

Whitney's back in rehab.

CNN is reporting that her publicist confirmed that she voluntarily entered an out-patient rehab program.

While it makes my heart sink to learn that she is battling a terrible addiction, it brings me courage to know that she had enough strength to seek additional treatment.

I have never had to face being addicted to drugs or alcohol, but I do have other personal struggles that I deal with. Back in February, I wrote a blog on addictions. Here goes:

February 5, 2011:

My vices have a weird way of reminding me that I am human.

These few struggles get the best of me. No matter how well I convince myself that I won't engage, indulge or perform, I somehow find myself constantly entertaining. Sometimes I wonder if I actually have the will power to say no. In the midst of the tug or war, I lose focus on the pull and succumb to the pressure. It's equivalent to an addict who's fighting the hard fight of giving up drugs. Wait - but they are addictions. Not drugs, though!

No matter how much I want to surrender and have a yes, my flesh gets weak and says otherwise. No way am I making excuses to the constant falls; I just want to finally admit and accept the fact that I can no longer change this on my own. So much so, I've began to embrace and accept it as reality. Man, this is so weird.

When I want to follow forward, it seems like I push backwards. Every "Yes" has a way of turning into a "maybe" or "later". The "I won't do this no more" often results in a "I want more and I can't live without". I just need some help!

I've admitted, accepted ... I just need some action to fall forward.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Struggles, Struggles, Struggles. We all have them huh? Yet, it all boils down to us making the decision to seek help. I am proud of Whitney and no matter what she goes through, I'll always be a fan. I don't know if you caught Oprah's last show but she hit it right on the knob. She said the ultimate person who decides your destiny is YOU. That is so true. No one will be able to back you up when it comes to your life.