07 May 2011

Before I hit the streets to run these 13 mi, happy birthday to me!

I am finally 25. This really hit me when my parents called to bid me a great day at 4 this morning. Although I didn't answer, their intent was well received. They tried calling me at the time I was born. Sorry, I was knocked out!!

Reflecting on this last year, I realize that I am still a kid at heart. I'm not sure why I was rushing to complete undergrad and grad schools so fast. More now than ever, I find myself enjoying a great drink, partying and being around great company. I guess it's true when mom said, "You'll understand it later. Keep on living!" (Why was I so rebellious?) I say this because she would tell me to slow down and enjoy life. Perhaps I was on the fast-track because I felt the moment would slip away if I didn't cease the opportunities ... not sure.

While I find myself wanting to have a good time, I now have to be cognizant that I have a lot more obligations, proteges looking up to me and have to protect the advancement in my career. I'm super excited to be surrounded by great coworkers, an amazing boss, caring mentors, and patient friends - who are all my strongest advocates.

Going into the next quarter of a century, I definitely want to work on framing myself as humble, less shy and living on purpose.

Leaving you with this video...

No comments: