17 July 2010

Countdown to Oct 9th

Dear Ken,

For the past two days, I have had my head buried in this Kaplan Review Book. With the LSAT being about 2 1/2 months away, I am in #CrunchMode. The most difficult part is that there is no proper way to prepare for the test. Recalling undergraduate, grad and some post-grad studies, it was easy to memorize a few facts, walk into the class on test day and circle the multiple choice answer or respond to an essay question. The LSAT, seemingly, requires a lot of analytical, brain-guzzling, and reasoning skills. #FML

This 498-page book review is crucial. Stubbornly, I decided against paying 3 installments of $433 to take an in-class review session. Looking back, I think I probably would have benefited by having an instructor explain some of this information to me. Though, it is not all too bad reading over the material and teaching myself ... just takes more time! When I reach a snag in the rug, I find myself being creative by resorting to YouTube videos to explain the more difficult sections. Surely my parents taught me how to hustle! O_o

Preparing for the test has definitely required me to sacrifice a lot. Forgoing the parties, hanging out with friends, losing a little sleep by staying up later, going without using social networking sites for hours and missing a few of the good shows that are still left on TV. Truly, I'm aiming as close to 180 as possible.

No comments: