03 January 2010

Keeper of my Soul!

Looking back over the past few years, I can truly say that God has been incredible. There have been times where I did not understand why life treated me so hard or why I had to face difficult moments. The going through part is never easy. But when the trial is over, God always has a way of showing me the purpose of why I had to experience such inopportune circumstances. On the third day of the new year, I definitely want to purpose in my heart to seek His face, to learn more of Him and grow closer and closer to Him each day!

I can honestly admit that I am a long shot off from where He wants me. I sin on a daily basis. I have impure thoughts constantly. My conversations do not always include Him - often, it pertains to things that He frowns upon. Usually, I make the decision and consult Him after I have drowned myself. On a good week (notice I said good week :) ), I pray everyday! Okay - so let me tell you how often on a bad week - probably none. But on average, I pray about twice a week or when I can remember to do so. Not dwelling on the past too much, I can recall when my shower time was my worship time... oh how that has changed.

Nonetheless, as I grow older, I realize and recognize that I need God now more than ever. Without His daily touch, daily direction, daily understanding, daily manifestation, daily guide, daily voice -- I would be lost and without hope. Perhaps somewhere on the street corner, or on drugs or stripping or - But I thank Him that He loves me enough to keep me - even when I fail to thank Him or seek His face.

Yes, God, you are truly incredible!

No comments: