24 January 2009

blogs from the inauguration

these are blogs from the inauguration... unfortunately, i wasn't able to post them in real-time.


inauguration update (8:07 AM - 1/20/2009)
Been standing in the national mall for about 3 hours now. My hands are friggin freezing while typing this. My toes are so cold that they are starting to burn. There are huge jumbo trons setup all across the mall. Snippers are positioned atop of buildings. We are watching the replay of the concert. Folks are mad. The crowd is swelling. Hands hurt... will update when get on train. *knockout*

4:57 lane (4:57 AM - 1/20/2009)
So we are waiting to turn into the metro line. There are sooooooooo many cars in front of us. Mind you, it is 4:57 in the a-m. I can only imagine the congestion on the rail itself and the shoulder room only at the rail station. Lionel and I are listening to some good ole fashion gospel music. This car line is like mad crazy. I need me a venti white chocolate mocha with a tripple shot from Starbucks right about now! I'm trying to get adjusted to the mobile blogging. About to catch a few zzzzzz's while we wait in this long car line. *knockout*

4 o'clock (4:00 AM - 1/20/2009)
So, it's four o'clock. Literally. I'm laying on my back, listening to Roland Martin and Soledad O'Brien on CNN at a forum at Howard University. I am about to freshen up and be out the door by 4:15 to be on the metro rail... *knockout*

inauguration eve (11:00 PM - 1/19/2009)
i'm sitting here and it's midnight. in less than 4 hours, i'll be preparing to head to the national mall to witness president obama assume the duties of the highest office in the nation! the excitement here in dc is building by the second. i'm extremely exhausted from a long day. i'll start mobile blogging and will put up some pictures and videos from this trip as soon as i find the time.

oh, and if you were watching cnn today, you would have saw me "acting up" while soledad o'brien was interviewing dr. king's son!*knockout*

No comments: