03 August 2012

Patience

It was yesterday, and I was standing in the line at WalMart.  I only wanted to inquire about an item in the electronics section.  The customer in front of me had what it felt like a million questions.  It was really wearing my patience thin. 

I literally stood there for about ten minutes listening to him ask endless questions about the phone that he was about to purchase.  I was thinking, "Dude should have did his own research prior to coming in."  It was apparent that I wasn't the only one frustrated.  Looking at the reaction on the associate's face -- clearly, he wanted the questions to end, too.

Normally, I would be okay with waiting; however, I was in so much pain.  I had just left the gym, and I was barely able to stand.  My legs were about to give in, and my poor muscles ached. I was almost in tears, but I needed the gadget.

To alleviate the pain and distract myself from how horrible I felt, I paced the floor.  It was in the pacing that I paused and smiled.

Again ... I had an experience where I learned a life lesson!

Waiting is extremely uncomfortable.  It's damn near painful.  It sometimes causes stress. Because I want the answer immediately, I hate waiting!  But I continue to learn that in some things, there is a process.  I cannot rush the process. Instead, I have to stand in line and wait until my turn comes.

So simple, I know!

No comments: