09 May 2012

A quick catch up

It seems like the last few months have been going at full speed, and I am barely able to keep up.

So what is new?

Let's start with the latest and go backwards.  Two days ago, I celebrated my twenty-sixth birthday!  At that time, I paused and reflected on my accomplishments during the first quarter of my life. Then, I contemplated on the what-ifs scenarios...truly, there were so many! Lastly, I rejoiced on the negative could-ofs that did not occur. Before continuing, it is worth noting that life will cause you to either grow up or give up. Through life's ups, downs, triumphs, defeats, setbacks, comebacks, highs and lows -- I've decided to take the grow up route!

Because my mother has been a strong supporter throughout my life, I felt the need to let her in on my life. She's been one who I could call, text or e-mail just to talk to, complain to, argue with or keep me company in a boring moment, and I did not want to commence another birth year without letting her in on what makes me Ken.  I challenged myself to be forthcoming with her. Afterwards, I felt so much better because her simple response was that she loved me and that she would go through any trial with me. It was refreshing to know that my mother placed her strong beliefs in the corner to show love to her youngest son. True love!

For some time, I have been unable to breath because of enlarged tonsils.  I visited an ear/nose/throat speciliast in early April, and he recommended that I immediately have them removed.  So in the later part of April, I had a tonsillectomy. Immediately after the procedure, I thought I was dying ... literally. I have never felt that much pain before in my entire life. Needless to say, yesterday was my first day back at work. I am 97% well, my breathing is 110% better, and I am getting some of the best sleep known to man!!

As I prepare to take life head on with the numerous things that are not within my control, I lean and rest on my faith - knowing that with the Creator's help, I can withstand any uncomfortable challenge that is presented. The good part is -- you can too!!!

Be sure and watch ABC's Good Morning America on tomorrow as President Obama sits down in an interview with Robin Roberts and tell Americans that he favors marriage equality!

No comments: