10 September 2009

Health care speech afterthoughts

The gang has cleared from my space. We gathered to watch President Obama give the health care reform speech to Congress. Now I am here burning the midnight oil collecting my thoughts on tonight's address. Surely my faith in him, his promises and in his administration has been reaffirmed. He gave a speech at a crucial time that will move this issue forward. At a time when some Americans began losing hope, he came - as he always does - to reassure us that he has not given up on the fight that will eventually allow accessible and affordable health care.

I could discuss the hecklers such as Representative Joe Wilson of South Carolina who yelled "you lie" to the President of the United States or Representative Louie Gohmert of Texas who had a sign around his neck that read "What bill?" (that's for a later entry)... However, I will focus my attention on the letter that President Obama mentioned in his speech - the letter that dear Senator Ted Kennedy wrote to him in May. Check it out here.

No comments: